1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Determined to get rid of TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ariansenator, May 13, 2019.

1. Ariansenator

Ariansenator New Member

Here is my story,
    On and off i have had pain in right side small of back for 7 years apart from that i also suffer from IBS. I have always got pain when i am stress from life event like fianacial stress or a break up , a career related problem and my own fear and insecurities.
    As i picked dr sarno book again i realised how i forgot about all and let my personality take control of me once more bringing in the pain.
    What i have noticed is if my pain is gone my anxiety comes to forefront, i am also reading Dr Burns feeling good mood therapy book to change my irrational thoughts. I intended to get better as i belive 100% in dr sarno thoery it has cured me before and it will cure me again but this time i want to make it for lifetime or atleast make the remissiin period last long.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Ariansenator,

Welcome to the Forum! It seems you're already in a fairly good place in your work: you know this Dr. Sarno method works, you've had success, you're looking for a deeper understanding/practice.

I might recommend you look at the Wiki and do one or both of the free programs: Structured Education Program or Alan Gordon's Pain Recovery program. With either one, you can post updates on the Forum.

An important part in this is to know that you're fine, and simply continue to associate your pain with your stress and personality (inner stress).

Andy B