1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Desperate for help…

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Wishfulthinking, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Wishfulthinking

Wishfulthinking New Member

Hello,

First time posting on here, hoping to get some reassurance that what I am experiencing is TMS so I can start on my healing journey. I’ve had a myriad of symptoms that started February 2020. My symptoms include vertigo, nausea, back pain, jaw pain, twitching ALL OVER my body, numbness, chest pain/pressure, IBS, tingling, rib pain, pins and needles, palpitations, anxiety, random chills, facial pressure, and the list goes on…I’m pretty sure I had COVID in January 2020, but there were not enough tests to confirm. I got a positive Covid test 1/2021 (likely second time contracting the virus).
    Anyhow the symptoms I’ve outlined are intermittent. I can have back pain for two days then it’s gone, I’ll be ok for 3 days but then I’ll start with chest pain for 5 days then it goes away and then I’ll have some other weird symptom that takes over. It seems like my different parts of my body take turns affecting me physically. There are even days (like today) where I’ll have jaw pain in the morning, by mid day I’m having random chills, and by night it’s my back that hurts. All three In the same day!
    Is this TMS?? I’ve been to several doctors, neurologists had MRI CT SCANS done, but everything comes back normal. The only thing that they’ve found is that my glucose levels are pretty low, so I’ll be seeing an endocrinologist soon.

I’m curious if anyone has had a similar experience. Is this TMS or maybe long Covid?? Am I the only one with so many debilitating symptoms that change from day to day? Any advice would be very much appreciated!!!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't know much about long Covid, but there are some who think it is a form of TMS and some who do not. There are some threads on here about it if you want to look them up using the search function.

Generally though, intermittent and wildly varying symptoms suggest TMS. So I would recommend picking a TMS treatment book and program and following it to completion.

3. Wishfulthinking

Wishfulthinking New Member

Thanks so much @Ellen I will definitely work on this!!

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes!!

In short, you've more or less been cleared by a physician that there is nothing seriously wrong with you, and this is a great first step toward using a TMS approach. You're not losing anything with a program like our SEP at the Wiki. TMS type approach has been very useful for many who were impacted by Covid. It is like an accident. It gives something for your fears and subconscious to attach to, and you're off to the races.

If you go this route, you may look at your symptoms and really begin to doubt a physical cause particularly for the ones that are not on any "long Covid list," if possible. Chisel away on your response to these, your fears of these ---get some relief hopefully, and let the more "believable" symptoms follow in time.

Balsa11 and Wishfulthinking like this.
  5. fasjamichelle

fasjamichelle Newcomer

Hi! Sorry to bother you here but I am desperate as well. I am looking for a therapist who can impart what Dr Sarno mentions in his books. For me it was enough to read the book to cure my constant headaches but someone I know has had back pain for many months now and the book helped him but not enough, he has a herniated discbut still he is still in a lot of pain and I remember reading that there were people who lived with herniated discs and never suffered pain so the discs should not take all the blame, instead we should focus on what is wrong with our emotions to cause us that pain. I also remember that somewhere in the book or in this forum some of Dr Sarno's followers were mentioned who have taught his technique since he died and I would like to contact one of them to see if they can help my friend. I see that there are already several therapists in this forum but I am especially looking for those who have taken the place of Dr Sarno since he passed away, as I remember several of them lived in NY. I hope you can help me, thank you very much! By the way, the book that my friend and I read was Healing Back Pain. Thanks again :)

6. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

fasjamichelle likes this.