1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Delayed numbness -- TMS related?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by techbro, Sep 25, 2019.

1. techbro

techbro Newcomer

Hi everyone, first post here. I'm suffering from numbness in the right foot that has gone on for around three weeks now. I have a moderate herniation at L4-L5 that is more prominent on the right side. It was caused by a rock climbing incident back in July. The strange thing is, the numbness only came around after two months of the injury. The pain in my lower back and hips has mostly disappeared, but numbness has begun in the right foot/ankle. I see a lot of discussion about pain on this forum, but not too much about numbness.

Could this all be caused by TMS? In your experiences, have numbness issues resolved after TMS therapy? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. techbro

techbro Newcomer

Any help?

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes. You can use our keyword search to find discussions about numbness - I recommend limiting the results to the Success Stories subforum. Numbness is mentioned all the time.

I have to assume that the same medical people who diagnosed the L-whatevers are either not concerned about the numbness, or they can't explain it. When the medical community doesn't know what it is, the chances that it's TMS are very very high. The fact that this symptom continues beyond the normal healing time for an injury (again - that should have been determined by medical professionals) is also an indication that TMS is using the original injury.

This is the point at which you start examining your history and ask yourself if you've ever had other physical issues that come and go over the years? Many of which are described in The Mindbody Prescription.

I also recommend that you start doing the Structured Educational Program. It's a free benefit designed by early volunteers on the forum.

4. Hoguet

Hoguet New Member

I have numbness in my left foot and I agree its TMS.