1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Definite progress but still unsure about pain endgame

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by JohnBurgundy, Mar 21, 2014.

1. JohnBurgundy

JohnBurgundy New Member

Alright, I'll start out by saying that I'm one of the lucky ones, I'd only been having this awful TMS pain for six months before I stumbled upon the condition and felt it clicked with me well... I seriously shudder to think if I would have never saw that link that brought me to my diagnosis.

So I've understood that I had TMS for three weeks now, I read Dr. Sarno's book and I came to the realization of how much of a constant people pleaser I am, even with many of my introverted personality traits. I have recognized some minor childhood traumas that I've experienced through my journaling that I had repressed, as well as other sources of my repressed anger.

Here's the progress: Twice this week I've used calming techniques with my mind that have lowered my pain when I was near flare-up level highs, I'd say near 95 percent reduction of pain... That felt like great progress, but I'm still dealing in daily pain.

So here's my question about this: If I can reduce that TMS pain to near nothing with my mind, why is it that my mind isn't doing the rest of the job and clearing out the condition? Do I still have repressed baggage that I have yet to work out? Do I need more time than those three weeks to get rid of it? Should I just stop thinking about the pain altogether?

Thank you in advance for the help and thanks to Herbie for posting this audio that helped with the serious pain reduction that I mentioned:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/claire-weekes-audio.2569/

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome you are on to it JohnBurgundy. Yes give it more time, be patient and keep up with your soothing ok. Stop thinking about the pain and give it more time for sure. Make sure to keep doing the calming techniques cause you are on your way to success. Live for happiness and never look back. Have a great weekend and thank you so much for the shout out. Awesome:)

3. Marcoinpain

Marcoinpain New Member

Read the book the Presence Process by Micheal Brown