1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day One

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by fullclout, Sep 9, 2014.

1. fullclout

fullclout New Member

Hi, I was told about 'Healing Back Pain' by my Svaroopa yoga teacher (Svaroopa helps release spinal muscles) . I bought and read the book last week and since then I've been pretty obsessed with the idea, reading stuff online, (I ordered Fred Amir's book 'Rapid recovery...' waiting for that to arrive), I picked up 'The Mindbody Prescription', reading alot on this site (which is amazing!). All week I've been trying to deal with my pain differently, not being afraid of it, telling it that I know it's the work of my brain and not because of something structural. I think I wholly believe it but I guess deep down if there's any doubt, I'm not aware of it. I'll explain a bit about my pain, 2.5 years ago or so I started having a bit of low back pain, noticed especially when tilting pelvis forward (I'd been doin a bit of bellydancing and you're in that position often). Eventually right butt cheek, then down the right leg. Long story short, eventually had an mri that showed spondylolisthesis L4 over L5. The low back is always sore, but the nerve pain is the worst part (sciatica), and nothing helps it. The order of attempted treatments: PT, chiropractic, pain management doc (thats when i had mri), 2 different types of shots from him, acupuncture 6 months, svaroopa (but as of yet have not really done it regularly), gabapentin 2700 daily. If I were to have surgery it would be a fusion, and from what I've seen and heard, that should be avoided if at all possible. So back to what I've experienced so far with this idea, my morning pain is SLIGHTLY better than usual (usually very bad! but is that a conditioned response? probably! so im trying to unlearn that). I emphasize slight because im overjoyed at any improvement and dont want to jinx myself! Also this morning bending down to do the litterboxes was not as difficult. yay... This was longer than intended. Thanks for listening and good luck everyone!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, fullclout. You are doing great. You discovered TMS and are reading books about it and already starting to feel better.
    You went through all the doctor and MRI stuff and nothing came up structurally (or if it did, the treatment hasn't helped,
    so it looks like TMS). Keep at the healing techniques. This new video by Herbie may give you some good background on it.

http://tmswiki.org/forum/threads/what-to-know-to-heal-from-pain-pt-1.5482/