1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day One: He's Back

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Dgdamon, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Dgdamon

Dgdamon New Member

Hello all,
    I first read John Sarno and the Fred Amir some 15 years ago and the TMS program has been life-changing after (at that time) some 35 years of low back episodes that would land me in bed for weeks and then months long recoveries, along with shorter episodes.
    I embrace the diagnosis of TMS full-heartedly and still have occasional relapses, this latest going on 5 weeks, and much worse the past 2 days, to the point of excruciating low back pain and being bed ridden.
    I'm very "psychological" with what's going on and work hard to not limit activities. I have a TMS journal I use (when I have an episode). Yes, my emotional plate has been very full.
    I've signed on to do the refresher course here and feel some hope. But I've also felt great despair and discouragement in this current episode. I'm posting here, as suggested. Thanks.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Dgdeamon. I'm sorry you're having a relapse of back pain. You found relief before from TMS belief, so you know it works. It's good that you have started the SEProgram again. I think when you journal about the last few weeks or months, you will discover something(s) that trigged the relapse. You write that your emotional plate has been very full lately. I think that's what is causing your pain. Be patient and positive, and re-read Dr. Sarno's 12 Daily Reminders in Healing Back Pain.

3. Dgdamon

Dgdamon New Member

Thank you Walt. I'm feeling MUCH better since Sunday. I've been able to exercise (walk) and do daily chores with little to no problem. I still have soreness, and lingering fear of the pain, which was so severe and so recent. I realize that I'd drifted away from "TMS thinking" for a while (think psychological vs thinking physical), and wasn't regularly looking at or for the subconscious stuff that eventually gets me if I don't go looking for it and address it, what I'm angry and/or fearful/sad about. Before this last relapse, I felt it coming on and was like a sitting duck cause I'd forgotten what to do. I have been reading Dr. Sarno's 12 Daily Reminders, and am reminded now to do it again today! And I'm getting on with the SEProgram.