1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day Eight - One Week In

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by FreeAtLast2021, Jan 4, 2021.

1. FreeAtLast2021

FreeAtLast2021 Newcomer

I have reached day eight and believe in this more and more. I suffered from debilitating tension headaches for five years and tried chiropractic care, physical therapy, numbing injections, pain pills and more to get rid of them to no avail. It has made me miss important events in my life, struggle at work and socially, and increase my drinking by a ton to stop the physical and mental pain.

After reading Dr Sarno's Healing Back Pain, I found this program and dove in head first. I have had two headaches in the first week but each time was able to stave them off by telling myself this is not physical and is my mind. I was able to run for the first time in two years, do pushups and pull ups, and weight lift, all of which I stopped due to my headaches.

I feel like today is a typical headache day due to it being a Monday, it's raining and dreary, work is going to be crazy again and I had a weekend filled with drinking and physical activity. However, I am going to push through that this would be my mind triggering it. Let's see how it goes!

Hedger, JanAtheCPA and Baseball65 like this.