1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 9 present stressor

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ithantech, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Ithantech

Ithantech Peer Supporter

So life happens. A loved one came to visit for 24 hours. While I knew things were not going well in his hunt for a new job, my heart broke as I learned about all of the additional challenges and stresses in his life. I tried to apply some of the learning from this program in how I listened and gave him permission to express his feelings. As he left, we agreed to connect a couple times a week to check in. Perhaps it is learning from this program, but after he left, I allowed myself to feel sad, and even today journaled about my anxiety, fear, sadness.

The Question to Ponder for Day 9 is about ways we beat ourselves up, and has links to Alan Gordon's article on abuse and neglect. It ends with prompting us to good to treat out inner child with kindness, a smile, and encouragement. And also show those same attributes to loved ones.

Liz_NL likes this.