1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Judy66, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Judy66

Judy66 New Member

I've had various TMS type symptoms over the years - cystitis, frozen shoulder, headaches, bad back for brief periods, but this past August came the whammy, eventually diagnosed after MRI as prolapsed disc causing back pain and sciatica. It's got worse in the succeeding months. But my first week of the program has been good. I've gone from strong painkillers ever 4 hours, to pain relief as and when. I've walked a lot, and worked hard on my journal. I quickly recognised how much anger I'm storing - me who comes across as the least angry person you could meet. And I realise how much I've pushed it down with inner talk about my happy childhood, fortunate, talent blessed, married, lovely grown up children, grandchildren, satisfying work etc. when the world is full of trouble, cruelty and misery. What right had I to be angry of all things?! But now I recognise that this inner angry person or child needs to be heard, and has things to tell me. In my work I am confident, relaxed, joyful, competent, while at home in my relationship I am apologetic, inwardly critical, outwardly compliant and completely lacking in confidence.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Judy66,

I enjoy reading your post. You are seeing so much. I sometimes tell people TMS is caused by the difference between what we feel and what we think we're supposed to feel. We all use the "happy talk" to encourage ourselves, "improve" relationships, keep things "good." But you are seeing the falseness, the shallowness of this. And getting some good results, it seems.

I notice it is also common to diminish our own feelings of disappointment, anger and sorrow by comparing ourselves to others who are in a worse way. This is avoidance, plain and simple, a non-attunement to our own experience.

Andy B.

Judy66 likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Judy. You are making excellent progress in the SEprogram but I suggest you lighten up on yourself and don't pay attention to your "Inner Bully." You might make a list of the good things you have done for others. It is probably longer than you think and will build your self-esteem. I think there are some good videos on Youtube about self-esteem.

Judy66 likes this.