1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 - TMS recovery so far

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ScottForsyth, Aug 15, 2019.

1. ScottForsyth

ScottForsyth Peer Supporter

I have had a lot of pain, tingling and spasms in my hands and arms over a period of 2 years. I have also been very afraid of typing on the computer and using my phone. Over these 8 days I have done activities such as push-ups and written on PC just to prove to myself that there is nothing physically wrong with my hands and arms. This is additionally confirmed by all the tests, scans and visits to medical professionals I have had, they have all been unable to find a cause of my pain. Furthermore, I have for a long time believed I had TMJ disorder, but my pain in the jaw has decreased whilst practicing TMS treatment.

I have also had headaches for 3 years daily. I always believed that my headaches were caused by my arachnoid cyst, which I have had 2x brain surgeries for. But now I am starting to contemplate if my headache may be partly caused by TMS and not only a structural abnormality. Another argument for that my headache might be emotionally induced is that the headache started during exam preparations (i.e. a very stressful period). I have also had ringing in my ears, since brain surgery, I have not yet experienced any signs of that going away. The brain surgery may have caused permanent ringing in my ears, but I can not help to wonder if TMS is playing a role in my tinnitus, since the ringing sound occurred a few days after my second surgery, which is odd.

In general I still feel pain, but at a lower level. My pain has decreased in: arms, hands, jaw and head. Although, I am currently experiencing increased pain in legs and feet, which means my pain is moving around. This confirms the TMS diagnosis. Additionally, I was really stressed out 2 days ago and my pain + other symptoms "flared up", which also proves that I suffer from TMS. I am very hopeful, but I have not yet 100% convinced my mind that I have TMS, since it goes against everything I have ever learned about pain. I still believe in the TMS treatment though and I will become more confident in the diagnosis eventually. The fact that I have typed this post voluntarily is proof to myself that my hands are getting better! I wish everyone a fast recovery! Have a good day/evening! :)

LaineyVeganseed and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Keep up the good work! It will become more apparent and you will gradually learn more about yourself - and see the triggers that set off symptoms... Take it from someone who spent 22 years living with pain - then got rid of it using the SEP and TMS books etc - TMS is real and the pain will go!!!

3. ScottForsyth

Thanks a lot. Can I just ask you what does SEP stand for? :)

4. Sita

Sita Well known member

Hi,

SEP = Structured Educational Program.

ScottForsyth likes this.
  5. ScottForsyth

Haha, thanks!