1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Day 8 Post

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by priggert, Jul 30, 2014.

1. priggert

priggert Newcomer

Hello, I've been doing the structured program for 8 days now and this is my first post. I had already read one of Dr. Sarno's books recently but still needed convincing as I'd spent the past two years filling my head with all sorts of nonsense.

I've "had" ear pain, hypercausis, TMJ, Chronic Headache, tinnitus, Neck Pain, Back Pain, Arm Pain, Fatigue, TOS, facial pain, sinus pain, allergy, sleep apnea, depression, anxiety and on and on for years but really it got to be unmanageable for the past two years to the point that I seriously considered ending my life. Thankfully, that time has passed.

Been to maybe 15-20 some odd practitioners of various disciplines. No lasting relief and most tests done came back negative so at some point I realized that things weren't making any sense. I stubbled upon Dr Sarno and then this Wiki and have been applying the leanings for a about a month now.

Within two weeks of starting the book I noticed I was feeling a lot better and since starting the program as well. Not 100% but say 75-80% better. I'd like to get to 95+ but its been slower going after the first weeks of initial improvement. I still get fear that the pain will return like it's always done but I try to fight it off the best I can. Looking forward to even better times ahead.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Priggert,

So glad you found Dr. Sarno and this Wiki, and have decided to join us. Many of us have been as desperate as you were. You will find support and encouragement here. It's so wonderful the amount of improvement you have seen in such a short time. Keep working on it and you can get to 100% improvement--no need to settle for 95%.

Keep us posted on how you are doing and feel free to ask questions at any time. Keep doing the SEP, and you'll get there.

welcomea