1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 pain moving around

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Marnster, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Marnster

Marnster New Member

Hi my pain has always been in my thighs and upper back. Over the last wk the pain seems to be moving from legs and back to head. Been having a lot of headaches and increased anxiety since journaling. Normal?? Common?

2. c90danwaiel

c90danwaiel Peer Supporter

Hi Marnster,
    I'm right there with you. I'm on Day 5 of the SEP and for about an hour today, I was able to consciously move the burning pain from my pelvis - where it's been for about four months - to my feet. Very strange!

Since starting the SEP, I've been having TMS symptoms shift around everywhere: I've had pain near an old upper back injury, in tendons in both of my feet, and in my stomach. From what I've read, it's not that unusual for that to happen early on - sounds like the TMS at that stage is trying to distract you and prevent you from catching on to it. So you're not alone there, by any means! My pain has increased quite a bit while journaling and reading about TMS, which I take is an active sign of resistance of my TMS.

Best,
    c90danwaiel

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Pain does tend to move around the body in TMS. Your subconscious is waiting for you to discover the most important emotions causing you pain. Journaling to discover those emotions can be stressful, but it's a very important part of the process to healing.
    If journaling is a real problem, just spend 5 minutes a day on it, to put down the most important issues.