1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 - mind over matter

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by CookStar, Jan 31, 2016.

1. CookStar

CookStar New Member

I have reached Day 8 of the structured program and its been quite a journey so far of self doubt and self discovery.

The pain that will go unnamed has made a comeback on certain days, only to vanish on other days.

The sciatic spasms have turned into ear aches (on either ear) and wrist pain and then back to the leg pain.

At one point while journaling it vanished. Just when I think it's gone for good it rears its head again. It's been a battle.

One of the best days was Day 7 when I didn't do any journals or thought about TMS or the pain at all.

Today has been testy though. My back is fine.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, CookStar. You probably know from reading about TMS that the subconscious moves pains around so as to keep us working on discovering the emotions that cause them. I think it's good to take a day or more off from journaling or even thinking about TMS. It can be better to focus on doing things we enjoy and that can take our minds off of pain.