1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 - “progress”

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by hopethishelps, Jun 28, 2019.

1. hopethishelps

hopethishelps New Member

it’s been a week since I started on this journey of healing. I am amazed at how out of touch I have been with my emotions for the past three years!

The most challenging part for me has been identifying my repressed emotions. For example; yesterday I was having neck pain and tension on the right side throughout the day, I tried my best to reason and remember that all it wants is to distract me from my emotional state so I made the conscientious effort to identify my emotion and to my surprise it wasn’t until I told my wife that I was mad at her that my pain began to release and a wave of relief and happiness took over me.

Journaling and following the program this past couple of days have been very hard on me. I realized that I am completely out of touch with my own self and that I do not even like myself, I am angry at me for many mistakes I have made in my life but most of all I am angry for not standing up and defending myself throughout my life. Thank god I am only 32 years old and can make up for this from now on. I have always been terrible at showing my negative emotions around others in the fear of looking like an idiot.... no more.

Do any of you have some advice on how to overcome this terrible terrible habit of not acknowledging my own worth and value!????

Thank you to everyone on this page and to those who invented the structured educational program. I wish there was a way for me to support you and others who are also on their healing journey.

If there is anything I can do please reach out to me via Instagram at @xatch_
    https://www.instagram.com/xatch_/ (xatch (@xatch_) • Instagram photos and videos)

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

HTH, you are doing great work! Congratulations!
    There are a TON of resources for self-love. Just google "self-acceptance self-love self-compassion" and you won't know where to start. I can recommend any teacher/coach/author/guide who has materials on a web site called Sounds True Publishing. Many of their resources are available elsewhere, of course, but I think they are great, and I try to purchase from them. My local library also has a lot of books, audios, and DVDs by many of the same people.

One of the classics that is often recommended is "Radical Self-Acceptance" by Tara Brach, although I have only listened to some short audios from her, and she is excellent. There are many others as well, such as Kristen Neff, PhD, Brene Brown, PhD, Rick Hanson, PhD, to name just a few.

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

BTW, I have said many times over the years that in order to do this work successfully, you have to love yourself enough to know in your heart that you deserve to recover. You've got this, my friend.

hopethishelps likes this.
  4. hopethishelps

hopethishelps New Member

Thank you so so much! Feeling your love and kind wishes! I will google them right now.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. Shiloh6

Shiloh6 New Member

Hopethishelps, welcome! I’m pretty new here too, but I’m very hopeful that this is the right place to be.
    Just stay the course and believe that all will be well going one day at a time. You can do this!

hopethishelps likes this.
  6. hopethishelps

hopethishelps New Member

Thank you my friend, Day 28 so far and doing better than ever. Returning to my normal self, one day at a time.