1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 5 day 5

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by aa3405, Nov 6, 2013.

1. aa3405

aa3405 Peer Supporter

Two activities that I really enjoy doing because they help me feel relaxed and calm are yoga and meditation. I have not been doing either one because I find other "more important" things to do. I know that the yoga and meditation are very good for my emotional and mental health. I need to make them a priority. I feel guilty to take the time to do them. I will make an effort to attend a yoga class at least once a week and really try to meditate daily.

2. Lori

Lori Well known member

It's important to take care of ourselves too. I make time for things I really want and/or need to do too! :)

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, aa3405. Maybe you don't do yoga regularly because you don't have time to go to a class.
    I bought a yoga DVD and practice it at home. I can usually find 15 minutes a day for it and
    that may not be ideal, but it gives me some yoga and that's better than none.

I'm a senior, so I also have a "Tai-chi for Seniors" DVD. I alternate days on yoga or Tai-chi.
    I like Tai-chi better because I can't get into some of those pretzel shaped positions in yoga.

Some days I don't do either. I just put on some music I like and stretch and move around like
    I'm dancing. Anything that gets our arms and legs moving.

Exercise really is good for relaxation and mental health. It helps take our mind off our symptoms,
    and TMS authors such as Steve Ozanich, The Great Pain Deception, says we need to do that.

Hope you can join the call-ins Tuesday nights. This Tuesday, Nov. 12, is on chapter 14 of
    Steve's book, a great basic TMS chapter. I wrote a summary of it at:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/day-1.3025/#post-17785

If you can't join the call-in, a video of the night's meeting is posted a day or two later
    in the general discussion forum.

Keep at the SEP program. It has made a lot of people pain free.

Keep us posted about your progress. Good healing.