1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 42! Yippee...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by hecate105, Aug 8, 2013.

1. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I finally got to Day 42. I started on June 18th, so it took me 52 days to 'do' 42 days. I have found it so helpful to have an activity each day to 'fasten' my TMS work to. I had no problem whatever taking on the premise of my emotional repression causing the fibromyalgia. The hard work for me has been dealing with the repressed emotions and even more so with the emotions arising each day. I see a direct correlation between my emotions and with different pains. Re-reading Louise Hay after more than 20 years has helped, especially the affirmations and the awareness of links between 'dis-ease' and the emotional component.
    I am really happy to have found the solution to 22 years of chronic pain and misery.
    I intend to respect my emotions and myself and not allow others to 'bulldoze' me. I have learnt the word 'NO' and intend to use it a lot more. I have realised that I can only truly look after myself - so I ought to do that properly and compassionately, before I try and do anything for others. At the beginning of this course that would of sounded selfish to me - but now it sounds like good advice!
    I still feel like I need a 'framework' to support me, so I will either do the Alan Gordon Recovery programme or follow the one in the 'Freedom from Fibromyalgia' book.
    I will continue to read and post on this forum as I have found the advice from fellow TMSers extremely useful, as is knowing that you are not alone.
    Thank you for the programme and for all the help and support, be kind to yourselves...

NolaGal, Enrique, mousemom and 2 others like this.
  2. leslie0766

leslie0766 Peer Supporter

Happy happy happy for you!

3. hecate105

Thank you Leslie

4. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

That's a major accomplishment. What were your thoughts at the start of the programme, i.e. were you confident that you would definitely get to Day 42?

I hope you stick around. You have written some insightful and encouraging posts. Best wishes on your continued journey.

5. Becca

Becca Well known member

CONGRATULATIONS!! So, so, so happy for you :D

I LOVE this. What an amazing place to be! I'm copy-pasting this and printing it out... no joke. Congratulations again - this is just fantastic!!!

6. hecate105

Thank you yb44 and Becca. I was totally confident in Sarno's book - I started it thinking 'I don't think so' and ended it lying in bed and 'turning off' my pain. It worked! So from that moment I was hooked. I knew I needed something of a structure to direct me along. So I was so pleased to find the programme and this forum. I have tried literally thousands of things over the years, alternative remedies, pills and potions, every manipulation out there, every type of Dr. It was an endocrinologist I went to see - more for the polycystic ovaries than the fibro - he said 'I think there's something wrong with your autonomic body system'. I didn't even know I had one! He suggested yoga. It was uppermost in my mind when I was researching vit D online. That's when I bumped into a recommendation for Sarno's book. It sat on my table for weeks - then I went on holiday and took it with me - thinking 'get on with this thick book' . It was the best gift I could ever of bought myself!
    When I get over avoiding everyone because I'm so bloody angry - I will offer it to anyone and everyone to read! I think most people have some problems from repressed emotions. It is a real 'tip of the iceberg' - Sarno and all those other Drs and therapists and TMSers have my unbounded and heartfelt thanks!

Enrique likes this.
  7. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations, Hecate! And YAHOOOOO! :D

Sometimes I wish I could pin a post to the top of the forum so everyone would be sure to see it - this would be one of them! YB is right - I hope you stick around, too, you are very inspirational. Will you update your profile? (be sure to keep the "before" story) I'd love to be able to link to your success story from the wiki page on Fibro if you think that might be alright with you - we can discuss!

Jan

8. hecate105

Hi Jan, I've updated my profile - I wouldn't of thought to do it if you hadn't suggested it - I'm not very techno.... Happy to link my story if you think it might help anyone too...

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  9. hecate105

I hadn't known there was a fibro page!! Very interesting. I'm just starting Nancy's book...

10. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations, Hecate! I enjoy reading your posts and hope you will keep writing. I, too, was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia for over 20 years and have tried many, many medical interventions and alternative methods. I've only made progress since discovering TMS and am sure this is the right path. But, as you say, the work of getting in touch with one's repressed emotions both current and past is difficult, and I have much work left to do. But this wiki is full of useful tools and the support of such great people. I feel very fortunate to have stumbled upon it, too. Good luck with your next program! Keep us posted.

Ellen

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  11. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I hope you keep posting too, Ellen!
    Hecate, I added a link to your profile to the TMS Wiki page on Success Stories by Symptom
    Thanks for the update - that's a great recovery! We hope you'll stick around and inspire others!

Jan

12. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Wonderful, Hecate!
    After finishing the SEP, I proceeded to read as many of the TMS books as I could. It was a way to keep working on the program, even though I had officially completed it.
    It sounds like you've got a great plan already set up. Congratulations on your progress!!!!!

13. Endless luke

Endless luke Well known member

Congratulations! Beating a 22 year problem is such a huge accomplishment- I hope to achieve the same.