1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

DAY 4

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by SME61, Jul 3, 2016.

1. SME61

SME61 Peer Supporter

Hi All
    I am a bit behind on posting, had a business trip and then went away for a holiday break. The worst thing a doctor has told me is that I may have may have to live with my pain forever and that for some pain is chronic. The worst is that at this point one can start feeling like there is no hope. There are days when I feel less pain in my back/leg/hip and I feel hopeful.

I am going to keep plugging along and hope this works!

Thanks
    Steve

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, Doctors told me that for 22 years. Then i realised I had tms - did the Structured Educational Program on the TMSWiki site and read Sarno books - now i am healthy, happy and have just laid 3 patios and built a pond in the last 6 weeks - not bad for a 50 yr old woman with a 'diagnosis' of ''fibromyalgia' that will last forever and is uncurable....
    Look at your 'triggers' what sets off your pain? What are your thoughts and feelings - do you have a bout of pain after a family visit/call, or a bad day at work or a row with someone close? Do you experience feelings of insecurity, sadness, anger - and then get pain? All this stuff can be worked through - you can find the answers....

Ines and Ellen like this.
  3. SME61

SME61 Peer Supporter

Thanks, this is an encouraging note and I appreciate it!

Steve

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Steve. Hecate really gives you great advice. She accepted TMS belief and is a new woman. Doctors should not tell patients they will never heal.

Increase your belief in the TMS Mindbody connection and continue the SEProgram and I am certain you will heal and become a new person.

Hope is a very powerful positive emotion. I'm 86 and live on TMS belief and hope every day.

hecate105 and Ines like this.