1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Getting Better!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LizzyBennet, Nov 24, 2016.

1. LizzyBennet

LizzyBennet New Member

Happy Thanksgiving! I feel like I'm getting better! I've been catching my thoughts, and not getting caught up in the negative ones. I've been reminding myself that it's psychological, not physical, when I start to hurt. Yesterday was one of the best days related to migraine/headache pain that I've had in a while.

This morning my shoulders and neck were killing me, and I kept telling myself "It's psychological, I'm ok, nothing is damaged. It's not physical." But I was getting spasms and these thoughts weren't working. I switched tactics and started thinking of a moment in my life where I felt really good, physically, mentally and emotionally. I absorbed my whole thought process into it. I realized about a minute later that my shoulders and neck weren't screaming anymore. My shoulders didn't hurt at all, and my neck was just a tiny twinge that I forgot about when I stopped thinking about it again. WAHOO!!! What a victory!! I know I still have a ways to go, and that there will be setbacks, but I am happy for this progress. Thanks Ellen, Walt and Mala for your help. And I'm more then 4 days into this, but I'm on "Day 4" of the structured program. Somedays I just read and journal instead.

Happy, happy. Gobble, gobble.

Lizzy

Colly likes this.
  2. beaum0

beaum0 New Member

Awesome work Lizzy

LizzyBennet likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lizzy. Imaging is a wonderful tool in TMS healing. You remembered a time when you felt really good, and the pain went away. I imagine myself back on a wilderness canoe trip in Minnesota, paddling on a calm lake, hearing the loons calling, feeling the warm sun on my bare shoulders, smelling the pine trees along the shore.
    It brings me back to my favorite place and feelings of calm overtake any pain or worry.

LizzyBennet likes this.
  4. LizzyBennet

LizzyBennet New Member

Hello again Walt! Nature has a way of doing that. Last night I had the house to myself for a little bit, and I lit a fire in our bedroom. As I watched the dancing flames, smelled the crisp wood burning, and listened to the wood crackling, I felt so at peace with myself and the world around me. I wish I could do this all the time when I feel pain, but sometimes anxiety is running so strong, I can't focus for very long on one thought. I'm working on it : )

5. Mala

Mala Well known member

:):):):):):) Well done Lizzy!

LizzyBennet likes this.
  6. LizzyBennet

LizzyBennet New Member

Thanks Mala!