1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Disheartening things a doctor told me

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by 2scottb34, Apr 9, 2017.

1. 2scottb34

2scottb34 New Member

Most of the time the medical profession has really told me next to nothing. Starting this course and reading Dr. Sarno's books, it seems they might have been doing me a favor. I've had TMS for at least 30 years. When I think back on my childhood, probably in one form or another since I was 4 or 5, I'm in my sixties
    I have had stomach problems, acute back pain, tension headaches, panic attacks, No one has really found anything wrong with me of any significance at all. When I had my first major bout of back pain, I was told to stay in bed for 6 weeks, when that did nothing, another 6 weeks, after six months in bed, I was told it was all my fault by my family physician. I was also told by one doctor there was nothing western medicine could do for me. ????? I have no idea what that was supposed to mean, nor did she explain herself, even though she knew quite well at the time that I would be open to the suggestion of my illness being my mental state.

2. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

Thanks for sharing that, Scott. Six months in bed?! That sounds just awful. I'm glad that you've come to the TMS conclusion. Looking back, I noticed that my TMS began prior to my current shoulder/upper back issues. I had a painful stomach ulcer my senior year of high school, and then a very rapid heartbeat during finals week of my senior year in college. I obviously have trouble coping with change.

Good luck to you!