1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by kajspears, May 18, 2017.

1. kajspears

kajspears New Member

I have recently returned to daily walking and pilates a few times each week. Walking is my favorite stress relieving exercise. Walking helps me see the rest of life through rose colored glasses, it helps me feel strong. Since starting to walk regularly, I have developed horrible allergies. I have tried several antihistamines with no help. This led me to think it must be connected to TMS. I have never used this much kleenex in my life! I have been waking up at 2 and 3am just sneezing and having a hard time breathing. Just curious if anyone has any advice for my runny nose, scratchy throat, ears and eyes?? I've been telling myself it is only tension and affirming that I don't have any allergies. It feels like my mind it trying to sabotage my physical progress.
    Thank you!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, kajspears. Dr. Sarno says that allergy suffering is a common symptom of TMS, caused by our emotions. But I wonder if your recent allergy symptoms while you are walking may be because of passing by lawns that are treated to kill dandelions and weeds. My next-door neighbor's lawn service puts down chemicals to kill his dandelions and weeds and I notice myself sneezing. I didn't sneeze before they began putting poison down.
    If you sleep with a window even partially open, which is a good idea, the outside pollutants may cause you to sneeze and have breathing problems. I also suggest you journal to discover any repressed emotions that may have been triggered by something recent. Keep practicing deep breathing, and maybe buy one of those Netipots so you can clear your sinuses.