1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KJFliving, Dec 22, 2016.

1. KJFliving

KJFliving New Member

Just wrapping up Day 3 of the structured program, and am about 7 weeks into my TMS treatment program. Huge progress over the last 4 days. I played drums for 3 days in row now, for up to 45 minutes!

It's not pain free by any measure, but it didn't make me feel worse after....and I actually enjoyed it! Furthermore, I noticed that I don't have the 'nerve' symptoms that I felt just one week ago when I tried to play. For the first time since the Labor day weekend, I didn't have any 'shooters' or 'tingling' when I played, and that allowed me to keep going. I can see how just making the attempt each day will help build confidence.

So far so good...

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, KJFliving. You've made wonderful progress and in just 4 days on the SEProgram. Keep positive and believing in TMS. It must not be easy to practice deep breathing while playing the drums. Can you take time for it? Maybe take a deep breathing break every 15 minutes.

3. KJFliving

KJFliving New Member

Indeed. I have to concentrate on breathing and not 'accumulating tension' while I play. I've also been doing 20 mins a day of meditation, and it seems to be helping me a bit already when playing instruments. Thank you for the tip and the encouraging words!