1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ana321, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Ana321

Ana321 Peer Supporter

Hey guys,

I've decided to start the SEP and i think it's great already..

In terms of exercise, the most funny and ironic thing about all of this is that i'm currently 19 weeks into a Fitness Guide where i've lost quite a bit of weight and gained muscle definition despite pain being debilitating a lot of the time. So basically, i can do squats, modified burpees, sit ups, jump squats etc, etc but struggle to walk a lot of the time. Today i am going to go ahead and do my plyometric 28 minute whole body workout despite the pain. Is this weird or common with TMS?

Thought i'd share.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Ana. How wonderful that you can do so much exercise. You don;t say what pain you're in or how bad it is, but no matter... the SEProgram will help you with any physical or emotional problem. It helps us to discover our repressed emotions that are keeping us from being more healthy and happy.

3. Ana321

Ana321 Peer Supporter

It's in my right leg and hip and is pretty debilitating yet i've been able to get myself into the best shape (physically) i have been in yet which is so ironic because i feel dreadful most of the time but on the outside i look really fit (physically).

4. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

I've been told that sometimes we have a harder time with simpler things because we are not as easily distracted as we are compared to when we are doing things like exercise (especially when it's something we enjoy). Glad to hear you started the SEP, it's a great program. Make sure to write down the fact you can do plyometrics, in your evidence sheet.

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

This is interesting. Does this mean it is easy for you to push yourself? If so, how does that affect TMS?

Also, I wonder if seeing yourself fit, this would be very encouraging for you, help you see yourself as normal and healthy? And knowing you can do all this exercise, this seems very empowering.

Interesting that there is a sort of disconnect, as you say. This seems worth inquiring into, in a compassionate way.

I am glad you're doing the SEP!!!

Did you see the note awhile back suggesting perhaps to do the Alan Gordon Recovery Program first? The thought is, that it gives you some good skills up front. You might drop back into that for a few days, and then resume the SEP. A thought.

6. Ana321

Ana321 Peer Supporter

Yes that's exactly how I would describe it. There is a disconnect in the sense that I look at myself in the mirror and I see a whole and strong body yet when I move it's almost crippling (when I try and walk) yet cycling, plyometrics, swimming etc is manageable..