1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day 25 check in

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by painfreeB, Jan 7, 2015.

1. painfreeB

painfreeB Peer Supporter

I can really relate to this day's required readings by dr. schubiner & pandamonium's struggle & success story in particular. I have struggled w/ chronic neck back shoulder leg arm etc pain for 40 years after a cervical injury in my teens. I was in quite a dark place when I stumbled upon TMS -after abruptly canceling a second cervical fusion I didn't feel good about having even tho the surgeons said it was urgent. trusting my little voice has led me to overall great reduction in pain levels & re-instilled hope for living a full life again. most days I feel quite good but I still have bad days & noticed the holidays were especially brutal on me this season so I got to take a deeper look at what has been going on. I am currently starting michael brown's 'the presence process' & highly recommend it if you suffer from stubborn symptoms. for me patience & trust that this is the path is the hardest for me & I get angry & frustrated & put too much pressure on myself for not being cured already;). I have to remind myself that my mind has been frightenening myself from feeling for aver 40+ years so it is not going to give up so easily & go quietly into the night. I have to remind myself to be compassionate & forgiving to myself - something that doesn't come easy for a perfection/good/legal-ist type like me. no -I'm in it for the long haul (there is no other option really). I am an 'emotional warrior' & in the fight of my life:)...
    ba

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, painfreeB. Your thinking about TMS causing your pain is wonderful and will help you to totally heal.
    Belief... patience and trust in TMS causing the pain, and not pushing yourself to heal are very important in the healing process.

Take control of your Inner Bully and tell it you are in charge and not it.

But it takes more than just 100 percent believing that TMS causes our pain. It takes discovering why... the repressed emotions
    that may very well go back to childhood, and/or a perfectionist and "goodist" personality.

The Structured Educational Program is great in guiding us through the steps to discover what caused our TMS pain.
    Often, it's anger at others or ourselves, and needing to forgive them and ourself.

TMS is not only a fantastic healing adventure, it is an adventure in self-discovery that makes us not only healthier but happier.

Keep up the good work.

3. painfreeB

painfreeB Peer Supporter

thanx walt. I appreciate the support!