1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by SunnyinFL, Jul 6, 2015.

1. SunnyinFL

SunnyinFL Well known member

Fascinating . . . always thought I felt emotions, but I realize that I was probably thinking about emotions, talking about emotions, analyzing emotions, and so forth. But, not really feeling emotions. My husband agreed with all the above - even considers me "too emotional" at times! So we are both intrigued with truly feeling emotions and what the difference will be . . . I am letting myself feel more and realizing that every time I want to cry I hold it in because "I don't want to make my neck hurt." Then, I realized that trying to hold it in makes my neck hurt!!! So now I am crying, every day, and seeing where it leads . . .

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Crying is fine. You are feeling your emotions and letting them come to the surface.

After crying a while, try laughing. I often laugh my worries away. Laughter releases endorphins in the body and head
    that are good for us. Maybe do a google search for "laughter benefits" for more on this.

3. SunnyinFL

SunnyinFL Well known member

Yes, the laughing is great, too. Thanks for your input. I'm intrigued by how many posts you write! Sounds like you've been at it awhile. Thanks, Walt!

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Sunny. I try to spend an hour a day replying to posts. Sometimes it's just to keep people's hopes up that they will heal from TMS.
    I also try to steer people to articles or books or videos that help in healing.

There is one more element I have recently learned about regarding pain, even that caused by our emotions.
    That is, most everyone is deficient in the mineral magnesium. Read about it in the videos at YouTube. They say that
    magnesium is essential to the health of more than 300 enzymes in our body and mind, but we are not getting enough from our food
    because the soil is so depleted of magnesium. I have begun taking a magnesium oil, spraying it on my arms and legs, and in just
    a few days, my headaches have gone away. You might want to look into it. A magnesium deficiency, among many other things,
    can adversely affect our emotions. TMS repressed emotions may need a little help from magnesium.