1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Alyssa5, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Alyssa5

Alyssa5 New Member

My pelvic pain is consistent in the same areas (sacrum, butt cheeks, thighs feel as though they burn when I sit); I also have other pain symptoms develop along with the pelvic pain. Over the past few weeks, I've had headaches, stomach aches, lower back pain, and arms burning. I dont question the diagnosis at all, I just feel that my body is falling apart and I want a new one!

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow, Alyssa - are you having all of these additional symptoms along with your original ones? If that's the case, it sounds like you're experiencing an absolutely classic case of the "symptom imperative" which is what happens when your brain is fighting hard to keep those dangerous negative emotions from coming into your consciousness.

This seems to be quite typical in the second/third week of the SEP, so hang in there and have faith in the process. Also be sure to give yourself a lot of credit for doing the work, and practice some self-love and self-compassion as well. And when you're feeling frustrated, read some of the stories in the "Success Stories" subforum - they will give you hope.

You can do it!

~Jan

3. Alyssa5

Alyssa5 New Member

Jan,

Thank you for the feedback; I get frustrated because I feel that i can't handle any more additional pain! I will read those success stories.

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

It's actually amazing what our bodies can handle, but I hear you - it is no fun, and it is SO tempting to give in and give up. Perhaps you can visualize how your poor primitive brain is trying to fight back, because it's desperate to keep you nicely repressed. And then you can feel sorry for it, because it really thinks it's doing you a favor by keeping you on the alert for danger - it has sadly failed to evolve, and just doesn't know how to function properly in our modern world, poor thing. :D

Alyssa5 likes this.