1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 13

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Alyssa5, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Alyssa5

Alyssa5 New Member

What tms related material have you found the most helpful on solidifying my belief in the tms diagnosis are the YouTube videos of lorimer Moseley, dr. Schubiner on explaining pain and the recent webinar Alan Gordon had about pelvic pain. In my case, I had a hemeroidectomy surgery 6 years ago after delivering my son via csection. After I delivered my daughter in 2014 my pain started in the rectal area; the neurons have a pain Memory and it will choose an area that you will pay attention to and it certainly choose an area that I would definitely have a lot of fear in.

2. Alyssa5

Alyssa5 New Member

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Alyssa5. Those web sites didn't open for me, but I found them on Youtube. Those doctors and their Youtube videos are a good source of learning about TMS.
    Have you journaled in the SEP to discover any emotional causes of your pain? Or do they all involve birthing and thinking you have structural problems?

Pains don't usually last six years after surgery, do it sounds to me like your pain is from TMS emotions. The subconscious sends pain to the areas of the body where we fear we have or will have pain. It will let go when you discover your repressed emotions. Journaling will help you with that.

Alyssa5 likes this.
  4. Alyssa5

Alyssa5 New Member

Walt,

Yes I am journaling; I feel that its my personality type that is contributing to my pain. I tend to ignore my emotions and hold things in. I am a people pleaser and am very hard on myself; I don't have any self compassion and the critical part of my brain is always saying something to me.

I had the surgery in 2009 (after delivering my son) but the pain started in 2014 (when i delivered my daughter) in the same rectal area. Alan speaks about tms choosing an area that already had trauma and would get my attention. That surgery was very painful to me...I dont think I'll ever forget how rough the recovery was. The pain subsided in about two months but the trauma of it remains.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015