1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by CMA, Feb 15, 2013.

1. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Doing good so far. Glad to have completed day 10 still struggling with some pain and anxiety ofcourse and some OCD thinking non-stop. Liked reading this by Dr. Schubiner:
    The major things which determine if someone gets better from TMS are these:
    • ability to recognize the process as TMS and to clearly understand that there is no physical reason why they cannot get better
    • ability to recognize the psychological issues that have created TMS symptoms
    • ability to deal with the psychological issues effectively
    • ability to do things that have not been done, which may include physical activities, as well as emotional issues, that have been avoided
    • ability to renew their life and find pleasure, meaning and contentment.

I may add this to Dr. Sarno's 12 daily reminders..sure will be helpful to read and re-read. Have a good and healthy day you all!

veronica73 and G.R. like this.
  2. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

CMA,
    I like your major themes of how someone gets better from TMS.

When you state the ability to do things that have not been done like physical activities. Can you explain
    that a little more for me?

I been pushing against the pain to take walks. Sometimes, it really hurts but I continue to do it
    because I read Steve O's and Fred Amir's book and that is what they did. Since I have been doing that
    I can actually do a lot more physically. Do you push against your pain?

I, also, like your last them of finding new meaning, contentment and pleasure. I think that is so important
    because the TMS tries to rob one of the joy of life.

Thanks for your posting, it was most helpful.
    G.R.