1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by tink, Mar 24, 2016.

1. tink

tink New Member

Hi everybody,

Although this activity is for day ten, I have been following the Structured Educational Program for about two weeks. I guess I have been spending a little longer on the readings and activities than most people.

I truly believe in TMS and that I have TMS. The second I feel stress or face the slightest confrontation my neck tenses up and I feel completely overwhelemed. Most of the time this anger only comes out in front of family memebers, which means I repress it most of the time. I haven't met with a TMS Practitioner yet but I would like to if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Journaling has been extremely helpful. Sometimes I cry, or shout out in anger. It is hard to feel positive after digging down so deep. I usually journal in the mornings and then have to go to work. Any suggestions on what other people do to pick themselves back up?

I still get my TMS symptoms. I try to think of the emotions rather than the pain but it difficult. I get worried that something is wrong with me physically or that I pushed myself too much. I actually did Yoga yesterday, for the first time in a year and a half! It felt great doing it but of course I am conditioned to think it brings on pain, so throughout the day many of my old symptoms came back. I kept telling myself, "My back doesn't hurt, it's the TMS." Looking at myself in the mirror while saying these affirmations definitely helps!

I cannot thank everyone who put this wiki together enough! You are saving my life. I feel very hopeful that I will feel better and be back to myslef again shortly! I have already made great strides.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Tink. Welcome to the wiki and the forum. You are doing great. Believing 100 percent in TMS is essential and it looks like you have it.

It's wonderful that you are back to doing yoga. For me, instead of being angry or crying or shouting, I LAUGH. Laughing has wonderful calming and healing benefits. So does deep breathing. Every book, article, or web site I've gone to about pain or emotional stress says deep breathing is may be the main thing for having a profound relaxing effect.

Happy Easter to you.