1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ABD, Jun 11, 2015.

1. ABD

ABD Newcomer

I am almost in tears as I write this. I have suffered from chronic low back pain for 5 years, along with a "tickle" sensation on my right side. The pain never abates... it is constantly present and really limits my activity. As a result, I also feel depressed. I have recently been reading books by Drs. Sarno, Schubiner and Schecter. Their theories make sense to me. I think I've gotten discouraged because I haven't experienced the immediate "miracle" cure that so many others have written about. I would like to get a definitive diagnosis, but there are no TMS/MBS practitioners in my area (Florida). I think a formal diagnosis would help me accept the concepts more readily. I am fearful that this will be like every other (unsuccessful) treatment I have tried... but because it makes sense to me, I want to commit to trying it. I can't keep living like this.

2. Beamandme

Beamandme New Member

Hi ABD

The healing is a given. It really is only a matter of time before you are pain free - you just don't know it yet.

I've had chronic back pain for over 15 years. Sciatica and sensations down both legs and butts. Numb feet and tingling toes and fingers. I have been relatively pain free for the past 6 months (after discovering TMS). Yes, the occasional low level ache and sensations still visit now and then. But no flare ups.

Like you, I'm on the structured program with the aim of eventually ridding myself of any remnants of TMS.

Be patient, don't be anxious and learn to let go. Follow Louise Hay's recommendations and recite:

I release the pattern and need to be anxious
    I release the pattern and need to be fearful
    I release the pattern and need to ....

God (or the universe) created you for greater things than to be crippled by fear, anxiety, depression and pain.

Be gentle on yourself and if at all possible, laugh at your pain and your subconscious because it's been found out. You are much stronger than you consciously think you are. Thank your subconscious for helping you (by diverting your attention with pain). Then tell your subconscious that you're all good and strong enough to experience the repressed emotions. The diversion strategy is not needed and will not work anymore (because its been found out).

Try catching yourself festering on your back pain. Once you're consciously aware of yourself festering (like looking at your festering self as a separate entity) ask yourself how is the festering working for you? Is all that focus and attention in any way alleviating your pain? Are you better, same or worst?

Like a small child crying over spilt milk, is continuous crying going to un-spill the milk? what does the continuous crying reflect about the child? how can the child resolve this and stop crying?

Keep calm and move on. Trust the TMS program and if not, trust the rest of us. We all started where you currently are. We did the necessary time and eventually we got the pay out.

Be patient because being pain free is much closer than you think.

eD

3. ABD

ABD Newcomer

Oh my, did I need to hear that. THANK YOU so much!

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Him ABD. eD has given you great advice and I add my assurance that with total belief in TMS, you will no longer be in pain.

I have yet to meet or hear from anyone who had a miracle healing by just reading Sarno and believing in TMS.
    For me and most of us it took longer to heal. The SEP program helped me a great deal, especially journaling to discover
    the psychological causes of my severe back pain. I did not realize how I had for years been repressing feelings after my
    parents divorced when I was seven. I came to understand them better and to forgive them.

I also find laughing to be very therapeutic, both physically and mentally. I just decide not to let anything trouble me and
    laugh my cares away. It sounds like Mary Poppins, but it works.