1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by bluebird, Mar 13, 2015.

1. bluebird

bluebird New Member

This is day 1 of the Structured Education Program for me, however not day 1 of my journey. I was introduced to Dr. Sarno's 20/20 segment months ago. I immediately recognized myself and other members of my family. I have since read two of Dr. Sarno's books. I don't have any problem accepting this diagnosis, as it is the missing puzzle piece I have found after searching for more than 20 years. My main concern is chronic daily headaches, however, I have several other symptoms that trouble me and am learning of others I was not aware of that have a connection. I have loved reading others experiences on this forum, and I am sure that will help me through my battle to overcome TMS. It is also a great support to me since many of my family members are not ready to understand how TMS works and that it is real. I am excited to be on the road to recovery! Thanks to all who share!

phizzy56 likes this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the Forum, Bluebird!

Just want to let you know that I had migraine headaches for 50 years and there were times when they were daily. I've been free of them for over a year since treating them as TMS. Recovery is possible. You are on the right path. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

3. bluebird

bluebird New Member

Thanks Ellen! It's amazing to have a connection to people who understand where I am coming from!

Bluebird

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, bluebird. Ellen's success in overcoming her longtime migraine headaches should encourage you.

My mother had migraines and now that I know about TMS I can understand why she had them.
    She was a very hard-working, conscientious mother, and was under a lot of pressure raising three kids
    during the 1930s Great Depression, and my father worked hard too, but there was never much money.
    Both of my parents also had very difficult childhoods, which added more TMS stress to them.

You have begun a wonderful journey in the Structural Education Program and it will help you to
    practice TMS healing techniques. Journaling was one of the best things I learned from it.

Your headaches are from TMS, emotions you have repressed for years. Discovering them will help you
    and Dr. Sarno says we don't even have to resolve those emotions. Just recognizing them can be enough.
    But I found it even more helpful to forgive those who caused me to have the repressed anger, etc.

5. bluebird

bluebird New Member

Walt,
    You are right about the journaling, I think it will be a great key to my healing. Also, my mother has even worse headaches than me. Your experience with your mother has given me another connection and more understanding of TMS. I find it interesting and so helpful to read your insights, and those of others who have been through the program. It is amazing the similarities all of our stories have. Thanks for your words of wisdom, I appreciate your help. I am so glad to have reinforcements!!

Bluebird