1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Hopeful, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

I'm doing the first day of the structured educational program, and I'm trying to approach it with a hopeful attitude. I have worked other TMS programs like Unlearn Your Pain and Freedom from Fibromyalgia without experiencing relief from pain. It's good to read the success stories, but in the back of my mind are doubts that it can work so well or easily for me. In using the other programs, I did a lot of journaling but really struggled with changing my thinking or being able to do the meditations without great distractions from worried thoughts. So, I am hoping that using this program, which breaks things up day by day, will benefit me. I do believe that I have TMS but what I struggle with the most is whether the approaches for getting rid of TMS will work for me, and if so, how long they will take.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Hopeful,

I think it's great that you are willing to try the SEP and keep working at the TMS approach. It can take longer for some of us to heal. It took me a year to get rid of my fibromyalgia symptoms, and now 18 months later I am still working on a few TMS equivalents. But my life has changed in such positive ways in addition to being pain free. So hang in there and keep working at it. You are on the right path. Keep us posted on how you are doing, and feel free to ask questions at any time.

Best wishes....

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Hopeful. Ellen has it right... Increase your belief that your pain is TMS psychological and not structural. Get it up to 100 percent.

Don't doubt that TMS techniques for healing will not work for you. They will.