1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Rick, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Rick

Rick New Member

I have read Sarnos books met him and went through his program. I also attended group therapy with one of his recommended therapists for 3 years. I have not had success in combating my TMS and have started going through this website to try again.

I suffer chronic pain throughout my body, hands, legs, feet back pain (multple herniated discs and degeneration) for most of my adult life.

I am here with an open mind

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Marian

Marian Peer Supporter

This is a great group, Rick. There is much help available here. Many of us have to work a little harder at it... so you are in good company. Kudos to you for persevering!

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you Marian, That is an awesome welcome. Rick you are in good hands here as Marian said - Sounds like you have plenty of experience, you would also do good to check out the Tms Recovery Program too. Let us know if you have any questions.
    Bless You

4. Rick

Rick New Member

I read the TMS Recovery program on the week 0 i think it was. I am working on the structured program everyday, I am not sure which group you are referring to ( TMS Wiki in general?). I am very curious and I never questioned this over the years until now. Being this is all about oxygen deprivation and blood flow.
    I recently had 3 stents put in in various arteries and got me thinking how does blockage in the arteries play out in TMS.

5. Marian

Marian Peer Supporter

Rick, the group of people I am referring to are the ones here in the wiki, who also respond to the structured education program. There's a wide variety of experience and insight to draw upon and people are very supportive and responsive. You can post your questions and get helpful answers.

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Rick its the emotions we have that we learn to control, the unconscious out of control emotions like tension and stress -- anger and guilt. We don't focus on the body, that is structural thoughts and those thoughts are what got most all of us into the trouble of pain so we focus on soothing our sensitized emotions and the inner critic and the inner child.
    We learn to live in the now and be happy with where we are so we can let go of all past hurts and also we learn to control our reactions to outside stimuli that might be setting us off.
    If you was to do 1 day on the Structured Education Program and then 1 day on the Tms Recovery Program with all you already know then you would benefit wisely and we know its the knowledge that heals, not the structural, but the psychological.
    Bless you

PS. I dont say to do the tms recovery program and the SEP to much to people but since you have done work for three years then maybe both programs would be beneficial to you but since the pain has come back this tells me that you haven't practice in a while? Am i right, I just want you to get your practice back up to parr ok. Thanks

7. Rick

Rick New Member

Thank you Marian and Eric, I am still trying to navigate this site, lot of info. Eric, is the tms recovery program on this website? If so, i must have missed it.

thanks

8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

9. Eric "Herbie" Watson