1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dan, Aug 2, 2012.

1. dan

dan New Member

I am starting the educational program today. I have been listening to Dr. Sarno's audio books for four years but never worked a structured program before. The pain has been returning. I hope this helps.

2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Welcome, Dan! Lots of supportive people on there and the structured ed program is great.

3. dan

dan New Member

I am going to start again at day 1. I got distracted because of work and a busy schedule and now the pain is worse. This time I have a journal and am promising myself that I will make time to do this program

4. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Hi Dan:

Welcome aboard! I think you'll find the SEP to be a great way to begin your journey away from pain. One suggestion: don't make yourself do it everyday. Yes it helps, but life is full of distractions. Do the best you can, and don't get down on yourself if you miss a day or two - It will unfold as it's meant to.

I did the program and made sure I did it everyday. I learned a lot about myself and where my pain originated. But in my rush to health, I left out huge chunks of childhood issues. I am thinking of doing the program again, some seven months later and taking my time this time around. There is still a lot I need to work through.

This isn't a race. I'm only passing on some tips I learned, not necessarily saying this is what you're doing.

Ask questions along the way, respond when you want to (there are several days that ask you to post on the forum) or simply write in your journal if you are more comfortable doing it that way. Many of us are Structured Perfectionists - so keep that in mind as you make your way through the program. I think you'll find some commonalities with this community.

Look forward to hearing how it's going. And again, welcome to the wiki and the forum.

BG

5. dan

dan New Member

I'm on day three and the pain in my back is worse than it has been for some time.
    I think the program must be working. It is waking me up in the middle of the night and I'm
    feeling run down. I could hardly concentrate on the day 3 article assignment.

6. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Sounds good Dan. Sometimes the pain will jump all around before leaving. You can skip a day here and there if you feel this is too intense. But it sounds like you might be in a "battle with your brain" and so to keep at it could produce great results.

BG

7. dan

dan New Member

Day 8 and having wierd experience as the pain moves around and comes and goes.
    I wake up with pain in different places. It is a "battle with my brain".
    Am I more stubborn than my brain? It must be an exact tie.