1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Josh, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Josh

Josh New Member

About 3 months of continuously debilitating right glute,hip, leg pain. Worst when I wake up and then about a 1/2 hour later with standing and mobility I get to about 50-75% of my old (very active) self. The morning pain is really out of this world and unfortunately sometimes that wake up is 2:00 in the morning... Like last night.... So sleep deprivation is taking a toll. I've tried all the modalities. Nothing has worked

A friend told me about Sarno, and I got the book (healing backpain) about a week ago but finally got to reading it in the last few days. I am now confident this is 100% TMS. Psyched to see the sight and your structured program and ready to jump in and get pain free

G.R. and Richsimm22 like this.
  2. samantha

samantha Peer Supporter

Hi Josh, I'm also new to this program. I've completed 2 full weeks and have already seen very positive results. I'm able to 'talk to my brain' when a muscle spasm comes on and stop it! It'll take some time to be fully functional, but I'm finding it so worth it. Another book that is extremely helpful and takes you step by step through the process is "Pain Free for Life" by Scott Brady. He was a patient of Dr. Sarno's. I'm glad you found this site!

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Josh welcome aboard. I'm so glad you found the way. Samantha you doing great, Wow.
    Josh just keep us all posted and ask all the questions you can ok.
    Bless you

4. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Josh,
    Congratulations!!! Sounds like you are surely on the right track.

I just wanted you to know you will get pass the pain and all the symptoms.
    I do think Scott Brady's book and Steve O's book are excellent,

We are so blessed to have Herbie and Walt write their own book. It is
    amazing and powerful!!!!
    G.R.

5. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Samantha,
    Welcome to the site!!! Sounds like you are doing great!!!
    Love to hear those stories of how talking to your brain and how it really works.
    G.R.