1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Charlotte Tess, May 28, 2022.

1. Charlotte Tess

Charlotte Tess New Member

Hello everyone, I developed a rare sun allergy (solar urticaria) five years ago during a very stressful time. It's very severe- can't be outside during daylight hours. I break out in red, itchy, burning hives in a minute or less then it disappears in about an hour after I am indoors. I went to a holistic doctor who tested me for pretty much everything under the sun (ha, ha) and changed my diet to a plant based diet. She found an infection and mold in my body in which she treated. The mold is gone and the infection has healed, but I still have the sun allergy.

Months ago, I developed pain in my neck, left shoulder, IT band, and piriformis syndrome. A friend suggested Dr. Sarno's book. I googled and watched his videos. The pain in my neck, IT band, and piriformis syndrome completely disappeared immediately to my amazement. I then remembered my doctor telling me that I'm very healthy and she has no idea why I have this terrible sun allergy. I bought/read Dr. Sarno's book, "The Divided Mind." Then I started/finished Alan Gordon's Pain Recovery Program. Now, I'm beginning this program.

The shoulder pain has decreased significantly and the sun allergy has improved for the first time in five years. I still break out, but the pain isn't as severe and covers a smaller portion of exposed skin.
    I am convinced my health issues are/have been TMS. I'm still dealing with letting go of fear of the sun.

ssxl4000 likes this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Hello and welcome. The fact that you have noticed your sun pain lessening recently is great evidence that the issue is TMS related. Something that worked for me is making a list of "successes" such as that. I reviewed them whenever I was having doubts. Keep up the good work!

3. Charlotte Tess

Charlotte Tess New Member

Thank you for the encouragement and great advice! I'll definitely be making a list of successes.

ssxl4000 likes this.