1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by tfilo, Mar 27, 2019.

1. tfilo

tfilo Newcomer

Hi ! I have chronic pain for more than five years on the lower back and buttock on the right side, I can not remember myself without feeling this pain. More than 10 doctors, including neurologists and orthopedists. I did a lot of sets of physical therapy sessions. I have used multiple anti-inflammatory drugs. I've tried acupuncture and chiropractic. I've tried to infiltrate the pain site. I do not know what it's like to live without pain, it disturbs me a lot, I know I have nothing serious, but I can not take it anymore. These conventional treatments are not working. Yesterday I read Sarno's book almost all at once. It was like reading a book about myself, and I began to exercise his teachings right away. Our subconscious is something so mysterious, that just after reading and started discuss my pain with my own brain, My pain went elsewhere, as if trying to deceive me and get me out of the process of deviation from physical to psychological thinking. But I will not let my brain fool me. I am doing pilates, not only for the treatment of pain but I went to improve my physique, so I will not stop with it because it is a physical activity. Do you think this decision of continuing pilates is bad ? Today, by searching more about Dr. Sarno, I found this forum. Thank you all. Sorry about the bad english, I'm from Brazil, still learning

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi tfilo, and welcome! Your English is fine, helped by the fact that you write very well. (We have native english speakers who can't be bothered to spell correctly, or use punctuation or proper sentences, and I can't even read their posts :eek:)

It sounds like you are ready to change your life and your health, so love yourself for that! You can start doing our free program on the main wiki, the Structured Educational Program.

As for the Pilates, unless a medical professional has told you to stop (and it sounds like you have seen plenty of medical professionals who can't find anything wrong) then there is no need to stop exercising the way you want to. Just don't push yourself beyond what is reasonable for where you are at right now. You will gain confidence as you progress.

Good luck!

~Jan