1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Belle, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Belle

Belle New Member

Today is my first day starting the TMS forum some of my concerns are one is it really all in my head, I read his book and I am mostly convinced but not fully can it still work even though I feel this way?How long will it take?What's the most efficient way to change your mind... I am also concerned that it won't work and that my emotions scare me, how to let it out without being afraid...

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Belle, and welcome. Are you starting "the forum" which is where we are right now) or have you actually started Day 1 of the Structured Educational Program? If you have started the SEP, my advice is: be patient, and take it one day at a time. Don't rush, don't worry ahead of time, and don't have any expectations of doing it "perfectly" because this work is not linear, and there is no single correct way to do it.

If you have NOT started the SEP - that's the place to start (see the link above).

And, of course, if you have not yet read one of Dr. Sarno's books, that is essential. My recommendation is his last one, The Divided Mind.

Also, if anxiety is a big issue for you (and it is for most of us) the 2nd best book you can read is Help & Hope For Your Nerves, by Claire Weekes. It was written in 1969, it has helped thousands of people, it's a small book and easy to read, and it's available everywhere.

Good luck!

~Jan

3. Belle

Belle New Member

I read his book the mind body connection ...
    I am doing the TMS program Day 1
    Thank you