1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by liltherapy, Dec 26, 2018.

1. liltherapy

liltherapy Newcomer

Hi, I believe in TMS. I have always had tension in my upper back and shoulders for much of my life but released most of that energy during ayahuasca ceremonies 2 years ago. Despite that life changing experience and the peace I've gained from the experience, there is still a tension/ache has remained in my left chest/upper back area. I knew it was psychological from past traumas but despite my time in therapy it's never felt resolved. I'd like to try this structured program out to see if I can find relief and be more at peace with myself. I don't usually post in forums like this but the program suggests doing so and I want to try my best to do this program properly to heal, as well as contribute to others' healing if I can :)

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi liltherapy,

I am glad you posted. Then we'll know you and as you say, your story is supportive for others. You may not get a lot of response as you post your responses per day, but they are often read. If you have particular questions, you might put that in the title or start your own thread with a particular title, to get more response/attention.

I think this is a great focus. If you know that peace is the deepest calling, then you may not focus so much on "making the symptoms go away," which is good.

The ceremonies obviously point you to deeper healing, which you're undertaking. My own bias is that we're called to develop the inner muscles ourselves, which we need for the long haul. Certain experiences point us in the right direction, show us where we might be stuck.

Andy B

3. srton

srton Well known member

Hi liltherapy,
    I went through a similar experience (therapy) where I was able to resolve and let go of the majority of my issues but I am obviously still holding on to stuff. It's like when I let my guard down all the old patterns come back and I end up back where I started.
    I think that for many of us with the TMS personality this is a lifelong battle.
    Sending my best for a good recovery,
    srton