1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Stevendawn1990, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Stevendawn1990

Stevendawn1990 New Member

Today is day 1 for me on this structured educational program. But not day 1 in discovering TMS as a diagnosis and beginning my journey of healing myself. I have read Dr. Sarno's books plus several others, listened to hours of lectures and testimonies from TMS patients and physicians. And daily I use an app Curable to help educate me, retrain my brain and apply writing and other techniques to healing my pain. The meditations have been a lifeline and since using them as I fall asleep, I've gotten 6-7 hours of restful sleep every night for awhile now. Sleeping had always been tough with chronic pain and a restless mind. My doc says that's when my brain was most active and I was experiencing anxiety or even panic attacks while asleep. As I tackle my stressors, my brain has calmed and I'm sleeping great. I have a ways to go to be completely healed but I am hopeful, pursuant and not giving up!

starseed likes this.