1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by keenie82, Aug 28, 2018.

1. keenie82

keenie82 Peer Supporter

Hi,

I am a 35 year old female living in Canada. I had my first UTI of my life in March 2018. Going back 4 months prior to this UTI, I was diagnosed with pelvic organ prolapse. The prolapse was mild and was not affecting me physically but it gave me an emotional whirlwind of emotions that I never really processed as well as a tremendous OCD focus on my pelvic floor and way too much reading/joining groups/FEAR...lots of FEAR.

Anyway in mid-March 2018 I started having symptoms of urinary frequency - had the UTI or not UTI and after the treatment of antibiotics I still felt like I had to pee a lot. Before I discovered TMS I tried treating myself with herbs, bladder retraining, charcoal cleanses. Anything to try to get rid of the feeling. I never even thought that I could be the cause of the issue!

Delving into TMS though I have discovered that I am 150% the cause of my issue. This is because the urinary frequency/urgency goes away when I am relaxed. I have been having this happen since March 2018, it is now August 2018. I was checked my a urologist, screened by my doctor. No infection. Nothing structurally wrong.

So here I start on the journey of Day 1 of the structured educational program.

2. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

What a great discovery, keenie! How is the program going / how are you doing?

3. keenie82

keenie82 Peer Supporter

I am still delving into the program. I have always been very aware of my emotions but definitely notice that I will 'stuff' them rather than feel them at times, so I am working very hard to feel the emotions.

4. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you.

5. keenie82

keenie82 Peer Supporter

As well for you :)