1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

DAY 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Click#7, Jul 8, 2017.

?

DAY 1

1. Praying for recovery...does that help ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. What do you do with an ongoing emotional issue ?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

Not really knowing where to start and still in pain. I've read Dr. Sarno's books and the Great Pain Deception by Steve O. I feel kinda lost and have reached out to a couple therapists. Hopefully it will happen. Just a note about myself...I am a nurse and really do believe in the power of the mind. I've seen a lot in my time as a nurse...like aa guy waking up out of a four month coma and begins to talk to us like nothing ever happen to him and heard everything that was said about him around his bedside. I think he was locked deep into his unconscious mind and didn't have the key to get out until he found the keys. This was many years ago and I will use this man as an inspiration to me in order for me to find the keys to a pain free life. I know I can recover...I jus know it. I posted this on another forum, but I will repost it again here because I need assistance and want a structured program to be my seeing eye dog to help me. I hope someone reads this forum to give a little advice once in a while.

I started out with right Hip pain and radiated into my Foot. I has surgery to removed a synovial cyst and it didn't help...still pain. About a year of trying to move forward when I was diagnosed with TMS but had difficulty grasping it. Ended up with another surgery (fusion)- XLIF and same result. I FINALLY dove into accepting my diagnosis after reading 3 of Dr. Sarno's books, Unlearn your pain and the great pain deception. I have been following up with journaling twice a day, controlled breathing and meditation. I believe I am making some progress because the damn pain is moving around. I always have lower Back Pain that lightens up but the beginning of the week my left foot hurt ? I talked to my brain and that went away. Now my right Shoulder ? Do I have this on the run or what people ?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi. Welcome to this TMS healing community. You are off to a very good start, having read the Sarno and Steve Ozanich books. Best of all, your belief TMS, that emotions cause pain, has already helped you get relief from your foot pain. Keep working in the SEProgram and do the journaling to discover repressed emotions and your shoulder pain will be gone, too.

3. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

Thanks Walt....just a follow up ...I still have foot pain (dorsal) but that was in a different part of my foot. The right shoulder pain has gone. It's the back pain that is a real stinker and inability to sit. I realize many people have this issue of sitting. Please continue to follow me if i post. I've reached out and hopefully some folks will have the compassion to help a retired 40+ years . Many years in trauma ICU and other years I won't mention here.