1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MG123, Apr 24, 2017.

1. MG123

MG123 New Member

Hi there. This is the first time that I am writing in this forum. After a long time of suffering from tension headache, a friend suggested me to try TMS and send me links to the structured educational program.

I must say that I wasn't diagnosed with TMS, but after a neurologist doctor told me that the pain is coming from emotional zone and I should try a therapy, I've figured that alongside that therapy, why shouldn't I give it a change?

I know about one person that Sarno's book changed her life and she was free from pain.
    I read about the TMS recovery program and I felt an immediate relief. Moreover, I find that the described patterns of behavior, emotions and a way of thinking are similiar (each person is unique, but yet) to mine.

So, I am starting this program with a positive attitude, hopefully it will work out for me and I won't have to see another doctor (because trust - I've seen a couple in that last two years and I had enough of that).

BTW - about the question "What would a life without TMS mean to you?" - the answer will be a life withe self acceptance, self and unconditional love to myself, giving my own space and self appreciation to know who I am and I am capable and worth- and more over a life without fear and anxiety that keep buzzing me, and of course - a life without pain and dependence on medication in order to prevent it.

Wish me luck.
    MG

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, MG. I do wish you luck. I healed from severe back pain at the age of 82 (I'm 86 now and still pain-free). Reading Dr. Sarno and journaling in the SEProgram healed me. I discovered anger going back to my parents divorcing when I was 7. I learned to forgive them. Forgiving is a big part of healing. Also, it looks like you need to increase your self-worth. I bet you deserve more unconditional love than you give yourself. I've read that many famous actors and others have low self-esteem, so you're not alone in that. Maybe start a mantra with something like: "I like myself. I like everything about myself. Everyone likes me because I'm a nice person."

MG123 likes this.