1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by themountaneer, Jan 31, 2017.

1. themountaneer

themountaneer Newcomer

Hi Everyone

My TMS started 2½ year ago with pain in my right arm and after ½ year neckpain, nausea and dizzyness. I lost my job and got tons of stressfull examinations and tried a lot of cures. Last summer I read Dr Sarnos book Healing Backpain. I could see my self on every page and it was such a relieve to find out what was the matter and that there were people out there in the same situation as me and that I was not crazy. At that moment I could not walk or sit and had, so I was on my knees all day with nausea, terrible headaches and dizziness. I realised that I could not relieve myself out of pain, I had to get up and walk no the matter the pain and the fear. Since then I have crawled up the mountain step by step. What really worked for me was when I started living my life as Sarah and not being a patient or organizing every minute around my pain. I get lots of positive energy from spanish classes two times a week, where I just started driving myself, and I feel great about it! But I am also very frustrated of how long it takes to get better and my isolation from the world. I know that my pain is psycological, but I still have so much conditional response. I am trying to let go of control, living the day as it comes and do things i love despite of my pain, fear and bad concentration, but at the moment I really need motivation. I hope this program will give me some new insight, ideas, good energy and guidening in how to fight my fear and conditioned responses step by step.

Thank You for reading - the best for all of you
    Sarah

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, mountaineer Sarah. You have come to the right place to heal. You say you need help in fighting your fear
    about recovery. Total belief in TMS will do that. Along the way, practice deep breathing, positive thinking, and living in the present. Read the success stories on this web site. Here is one recent post that could inspire you:

"I often get pain in my stomach as a TMS symptom. Last night I felt it coming on after I laid down to sleep.
    I asked myself what emotions I was feeling, then took several breaths directed at the spot that hurt, and it was gone in minutes! I slept peacefully all night and woke up without any pain. – wife and mother of two young children."

I am 86 and healed from severe back pain more than two years ago by doing the SEProgram and journaling.
    I discovered I had been repressing anger, feelings of insecurity, and other emotions since my parents divorced when I was seven.

3. themountaneer

themountaneer Newcomer

Hi Walt
    Thank You som much for your thoughts and back up. It means a lot. I will definitely try out reading success stories. It has been really good reading Steve Ozanowichs succes story and thoughts.

I think believing is the key. I had succes in getting rid of legpain, that suddenly appeared, just by telling myself it was TMS.

I try hard living in the present and have done mindfulness breathing exercises for a year, but I guess recovering is just a long proces for me. But I hang in and get better on the long run.

Thanks again
    Sarah

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the SEP, and good luck in your work. I read that you've already had some great success, using Dr. Sarno's method. "Great" may seem like the wrong word, but I am calling your attention to your physical progress, yes, but more also to your mental progress already. As you write below:

I hope Sarah, that when you step back and look at your life, and also the lives of thousands of others who have debilitating pain, that your knowledge and practice are hugely significant just as they already are, today.

Yes, it will, as it has hundreds of others.

Also, you might dip into the TMS Recovery Program. In it, which you can start any time and blend with the SEP, you will find great confirmation for the work you are already doing, such as "not caring so much about symptoms." I think this would be supportive for you. This is at the Wiki.

Here I am skiing, after being told I needed surgery or my nerves would die. Hang in there!

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/skiing-two-years-after.14222/ (Skiing Two Years After)

Thank you for your good wishes.

Andy B

5. themountaneer

themountaneer Newcomer

Hi Andy. Thank You so much for your encouragement and ideas. I will definitely take a look at it. It is great to hear that you are now on top of the mountain and your life and enjoying skiing. That is just the best encouragement I can get. I am really happy for you. Have fun! Sarah