1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by aron, Jan 6, 2017.

1. aron

aron Newcomer

I am new to this site and am trying the Structured Educational Program. I started having lower back/buttock pain about 3.5 years ago. At the time I had not even heard of Sarno. I went to a Dr who said I had a pinched nerve and sent me for PT on 2 different occasions. About a year later I went to a diff Dr who told me i had Sacroiliac Joint pain and again sent me to PT. After this he gave me Cortisone shots. A few months later i turned to a Chiropractor. None of these yielded any results. During these few years I had read Sarno's book at a friends suggestion but didn't really buy into it. After trying all these diff methods I realized that something deeper had to be going on. I reread the book and started to realize all the sense that it made. It still took a long time and I was never really pain free. Along the way, I also had anxiety and minor depression, as well as general fatigue, along with bouts of buttock pain. For the past few months I have been basically free of any buttock pain which started giving me alot of hope. Then a few weeks ago the buttock pain flared up and has been getting increasingly worse. I am getting so frustrated and anxious that I cannot beat my TMS which is why I am turning to the Structured Educational Program. This is Day 1.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Aron. Welcome to the SEProgram, and this web site. Your pains move around and come and go and come again because you have not yet discovered the emotions causing your pain. They could be from repressing anger or other feelings and/or having a perfectionist or "goodist" personality. Journaling in the program will help you in this. Be patient and positive. You are going to win this battle.

3. RozieHolland

RozieHolland Peer Supporter

Hello Aron,
    good for you to start this program.
    I am now on day 6 and I allready see progress. I have backpain for 45 years now and yesterday was the first time I was painfree.
    Today there is pain again, but it is reducing. Every day it's going a little better. Take your time.

With love, Rozie.