1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by beckyMA, Feb 4, 2016.

1. beckyMA

beckyMA New Member

I just finished reading the mind body prescription by Dr. Sarno for the second time. I'm ready to give this program a try and I'm hopeful that this program will help alleviate my tension headaches and migraines which of become worse over the last several months. I would love to hear any success stories that people have had over coming chronic headaches and migraines after working through the TMS diagnosis.

Stella likes this.
  2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Welcome Becky,
    You have come to the right place. Do a search on this site. You will find lots of information on migraines. A number of personality traits contribute to TMS. Some questions for you to ponder.

Do you have difficulty expressing healthy disagreement?
    Do you have difficulty expressing healthy anger.?

Do you see yourself as a perfectionist? I sure didn't which is very funny now. I am selective about my perfectionism especially if someone will be judging me and I would be found lacking. ..egads.

You will do terrific.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Becky. Stella is right about perfectionism. It can cause real pain. I was an overboard perfectionist most of my life, and am almost 86 now. Through TMS I learned to modify that harmful character trait. I also think unconsciously I always wanted everyone love and approval. Now I am just myself, and most everyone likes me, warts and all. Be kind to yourself and you will be happier.

4. beckyMA

beckyMA New Member

Thank you Stella and Walt. I definitely have the perfectionist trait and the desire to please everyone even at my own detriment. Through researching tms and reading posts on this forum, I'm realizing how harmful that can be. I also just started seeing a therapist to help me work through some of these feelings and realizations I'm having. I'm very hopeful about this new journey I'm starting... And am 3 days headache free... And counting...