1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DUM00, Dec 28, 2015.

1. DUM00

DUM00 New Member

Hi, i´m from Mexico and i have 23 years old and i'm a philosophy student. I´m new to this program, but not new to the pain. I've read Dr. Sarno books and i have to accept i'm quite skeptic to this theories, but, as some of the members of this forum said, "I've tried almost everything else and nothing worked". I think my pain is quite odd, it mainly affect the hole right or left side of my body, from tip to toe. When i'm in pain, i have this itching sensation on my skin (specially on my face) and muscular tension and spasms, and sometimes migraine. No one on my family believes i'm in pain (witch might be goo after all), but is getting harder to explain to my family and friends that i'm unable to go out whit them just because "it hurts a lot". I went to psychiatrist, so i'm under medication (witch I've been able to reduce to a minimal). I do know this is psychological, but i thing it can take a while to accept that your brain (witch i consider to be the mos important part of "me") can actually inflict this kind of pain to myself.
    To be honest, i'm really happy to have found a group like this, because now i know there are a lot of people out there fighting against the same "demon" i am and most of them have been able to defeat it. I hope this experience to relief me from my pain, i'll be following the recommendations thoroughly.

Best Regards.

Stella likes this.
  2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Welcome to the program. You will do great. Be patient which I have learned is not my best personality trait. My lack of patience and the pressure I put on myself can make the pain worse.

Breath, be patient, go easy on yourself. You will learn so much about yourself.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Dumoo. Consider yourself lucky to have discovered this web site. I am 85 and three years ago began having severe back pain. A nurse told me to read Dr. Sarno's book Healing Back Pain and it changed my life. I learned about TMS and the Structured Educational Program and journaling helped me to discover I had been repressing anger and other emotions since I was a boy and my parents divorced when I was seven. Journaling helped to understand why they divorced, over money problems, and it led me to forgiving them. Forgiving ended my pain.

You are going to learn more about yourself and others through the SEP than you ever imagined, and it will heal you. As Stella says, be patient, go easy on yourself, and practice deep breathing which is profoundly calming.

Let us know your progress in the SEP, ask any questions. We have all been there and want to help others.

4. DUM00

DUM00 New Member

Thanks to both of you for tour kind words. If i find something that work for me, i let you know. :)