1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dtsierra06, Oct 14, 2015.

1. dtsierra06

dtsierra06 New Member

I'm a 33 year old mom to 4. I have three kiddos here and one in heaven. About 9 months after she died, I started having pain in my butt, thigh, groin, leg, etc. It moves around a lot. I have tried all the typical treatments and I haven't got any better. I stopped exercising, stopped playing with my kids soccer and things like that. And I became depressed thinking about a future of limited activity and pain. It been 2 1/2 years. I honestly am not 100% sure my pain is TMS because I know my hips are different heights and my pelvis is turned a little. But I think there is a good chance. My sister died 6 years ago and I developed bad diaphragm pain (same place her cancer was). It went away after a while but I feel like it was sympathy pain. I totally fit the personality type of TMS. Since my youngest baby was born I started having all sorts of neurological weirdness that no one can find the cause of. My docs all thought it was stress related so I think there is a good chance it's TMS.

Life without TMS would mean exercise, playing, running, and jumping without worry. It would also mean getting off the floor and standing up quickly. No more worrying about walking with my hips straight forward. No more trying to think of my sacrum being squeezed together and stable. Life without TMS would mean enjoying myself without worrying about my future health.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, dtsierra. Your hips being of different heights is most likely not causing your pain or it would have begun there a long time ago.
    Most of us have one foot a little longer or shorter than the other. No problem. No pain caused by that.

You have been under emotional stress from one thing or another. Raising three kids would be enough.

Keep working in the SE program and you will be living your life without pain and enjoying the activities you love.
    Don't bully yourself for not getting up off the floor quickly. Take whatever time you need.

Try living in the present so you don't worry about your future health. It's called mindful meditation and there is a new series of MM sessions
    to explain it and how to do it. You can learn all that another way, from just watching free videos on Youtube on MM. One of my favorites
    is from Michael Sealey: "Guided Meditation for Detachment from Over-Thinking." His voice is very soothing as he tells about mindfulness of breathing in the present moment.

I also love the soothing music and videos of Okanokumo from Japan, especially "Relaxing Nature Sounds" along an old mill stream.

Keep positive. Practice deep breathing. Laugh as often and much as you can. Even if nothing is funny, pretend it is. Laughing sends healing
    to the mind and body.

Keep in touch with posts here. We're all here to help each other.

3. dtsierra06

dtsierra06 New Member

Your reply is very thoughtful, I do appreciate it and will refer to it often.

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Day 1! Yeah! And you CAN achieve all those things.

Keep posting, and keep us posted!

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi,dtsierra. How are things going for you? I hope you are being active as much as you can. Exercise is important for physical and emotional health.
    If exercise is painful at all, maybe watch easy exercises on Youtube. I like the ones for seniors that are easy, for sitting or standing.

Let us know how you're doing.

6. dtsierra06

dtsierra06 New Member

The pain on my right side has totally gone away! But now I am having TERRIBLE sciatica pain on my left side! Is this part of TMS?

7. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle