1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 - What would a life without TMS mean to me?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KiwiSunshine, Sep 17, 2018.

1. KiwiSunshine

KiwiSunshine New Member

I have been suffering with chronic pain for almost 2 years now, since the birth of my fourth child. It started with terrible daily headaches, which were incredibly debilitating, to the point where I had to ask my husband to take multiple days off work. The pain then moved to my neck & upper back, to my left side, then down both arms. I have seen my GP multiple times, physios, a chiropractor, an osteopath, had acupuncture, acupressure, tried saunas, swallowed many different types of pills, done dozens of different stretches and tried various different types of devices. I have suffered with depression and insomnia.

About 2 weeks ago I came across an old friend who introduced me to Dr Sarno and his methods. She is pain free after 15 years chronic pain. I was open to trying almost anything and have been reading up about TMS since. It has really resonated with me. I believe God brought this friend across my path at just the right moment. I know I have felt really stressed out since the arrival of my fourth child and feel pressure to hold it together for the children’s and others sake. I am also a perfectionist and very driven to get tasks accomplished. I think I unwittingly put a lot of pressure on myself.

I have found that my symptoms have improved with the new knowledge, although I have noticed that the pain has been moving around my body at a faster rate. Currently it seems like it’s in a different place almost every day, is this normal at the beginning?

A life without TMS would mean I could wake up every day not worried about pain. It would mean I could parent my four children with abundant energy & feel carefree. I could exercise in whichever way & as often as I chose. I would have an amazing story to share with others, and I could provide hope for others who are suffering. Thank you for sharing my journey.

fluffymugnaini and westb like this.