1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 - tendonitis/TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Joosje, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Joosje

Joosje New Member

I have been suffering from tendonitis in two years now and have been (partly) on sick pay since one year.
    Quite a big part in me has accepted the TMS diagnosis, but I keep doubting because the pain sometimes feel so sharp and real. I am also still doubting because I suspect that my tendonitis started because the physical heavy work I did/do as a gardener, working with the same heavy tools (3 kg hedge shears) days in row. I am not built very strong physically. On the other hand the pain did not start very serious, more a kind of background pain which made me worried, because it is typical for gardeners to get physical problems.
    The last 8 months I have been very slowly building up at work again and there also have been weeks (or even longer periods) where I could work without pain in this time period. This and the fact that after reading dr Sarno's book (when I was on 100% sick leave) the pain slowly disappeared, makes me think that it might be TMS. Sometimes after heavy work, the pain comes again and then I start doubting again

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @Joosje and welcome to our forum! I realized that your post is somewhat open-ended - are you by any chance doing one of our free programs, such as the Structured Educational Program ? (the SEP). After reading the "Day 1" material, people often post about why they are here and where they are at in terms of accepting TMS theory as the basis for their symptoms. I just wanted to say that if you're not doing the SEP, it's a great way to learn more and to strengthen your knowledge about TMS and learn techniques to set you on the path to self-recovery.

3. Joosje

Joosje New Member

Hi! Yes, that is correct! That is why I called the post 'day 1' :). Or isn't it how it is working?

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Haha, damned if I know what I thought I was seeing, @Joosje! Maybe I was on my phone, or because it was the end of a long day, but right now I see it clearly in your title.

Brain games! o_O

5. Joosje

Joosje New Member

Haha, happens to the best :D

JanAtheCPA likes this.