1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1... Taking back my life

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jazzdrums1979, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Jazzdrums1979

Jazzdrums1979 New Member

I have been suffering with TMS for well over a decade now that I realize what my condition is. I have seen the pain manifest itself in my neck, shoulder, elbow, foot, buttocks, tailbone, and lower back. I have tried many devices, therapies, seen doctors, physical therapists, had multple X-rays. I'm perfectly heahtly and structurally sound on paper.
    Having read Sarnos books and many other publications has been eye opening for me. I want to yell at the top of my lungs that there is hope. I tell all my friends and co-workers who are also perfectly healthy, yet suffer in pain there is hope, there are answers. My pain is better, but not gone. It still persists. Tailbone pain or Coccydynia plagues me and I just want it gone.
    I know the answer lies in confronting some of my fears, my repressed emotions, my seething anger which is internal and rarely surfaces. Part of me is scared yet excited as to what I might find buried in my brain. But how do I get there?

Endless luke likes this.
  2. mousemom

mousemom Peer Supporter

I am still trying to get there myself. I just believe I have 10 years of conditioning that will take time to get through. I wish my brain would just get it and not fight it so much but I guess that's why I struggle with TMS. This community has been great just stick with it. My pain is still hanging in there but finding out about TMS has helped me in all areas of my life. Take a look at Nicole Sachs interview with Forrest, I loved her honesty. But also look into The Power of Now by Eckart Tolle & Mind Power of the 21st Century by John Kehoe. I am really enjoying these non TMS books. Tapping is also something I find helpful. Take care!

3. Jazzdrums1979

Jazzdrums1979 New Member

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I will definitely take a look at these books. If the pain has taught me anything, it's keeping an open mind. I have met so many wonderful talented people who believe in what they do through the various therapies.

4. Endless luke

Endless luke Well known member

Jazzdrums,
    Being on here and posting is a great first step. You should consider doing the Structured Educational Program on this site. Also, throw away all those devices.

5. Jazzdrums1979

Jazzdrums1979 New Member

Orthotics, stretching devices, stretching rituals, and my whole routine of doing things has been abandoned. I am following the SEP and keeping positive. Thank you for your suggestions.

6. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

MontanaMom and Endless Luke have given you great advice. The SEP is great because it takes you along one step at a time. Otherwise, it can all be overwhelming at times.
    Best wishes and welcome to the forum!

7. Stella

Stella Well known member

Welcome Jazzdrums,
    I have had terrible tailbone painnalong with numerous other illnesses. I had steriod imjections in my tailbone. I wore a tens unit, carried a cushion everywhere and would lay down as much as possible. When I had Interstitial Cystitis (bladder disease) and pelvic pain the Doc asked if I ever had tailbone pain....yes,yes,yes. But it is all gone now only returning mildly when not managing my thoughts.

You are going on an amazing journey.

8. Aziz

Aziz Peer Supporter